About the Organization:
German American Events, LLC, a subsidiary of the German American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest, organizes the Christkindlmarket Chicago, the annual Holiday market held at Daley Plaza in the Loop and for the past two years also a suburban market.
Job Description for Temporary/Seasonal Employment
Foodservice and Customer Service Associate at the Christkindlmarket
Foodservice and Customer Service Associate supports the Christkindlmarket on site at the Christkindlmarket. This person will work with vendors to ensure the safe and sanitary handling of foodservice operations.
- Supporting individual vendors at the Christkindlmarket
- Provide excellent customer service and information to visitors who approach the Christkindlmarket booths
- Facilitate sales of mugs, food, beverages, and/or other souvenirs
Qualifications and Skills
- City of Chicago Foodservice Manager Certificate advantageous
- Experience in a customer service or foodservice field
- Foodservice experience
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Physical demands – this position involves regular walking, standing, and lifting of boxes
- Knowledge of the German language is not a requirement but would be helpful
This position is seasonal from November 18 through December 24.