All Stammtisch table reservations are subject to the terms and conditions listed below. Terms and conditions are non-negotiable.
“Stammtisch” loosely translates to a “regular’s table” in English. The tables are traditional, authentic German wooden beer tables and benches, typically found at restaurants and beer gardens around Germany that can be privately reserved for exclusive use. A total of twelve (12) tables are available at the Christkindlmarket Chicago and can be reserved individually or together, depending on availability.
Each table seats eight (8) individuals and are available in ninety (90) minute time increments. Various reservation options, referred to as “packages,” are available to enhance the experience. The tables will be decorated and prepared with holiday flair and food is served family-style. The date and time are guaranteed with the confirmed payment of the reservation. The organizer reserves the right to assign the location of the Stammtisch and table placements within the Grand Timber Haus and this will be given to the party’s host at check-in on the day of the reservation.
Reservation and Payment:
- Christkindlmarket Chicago is located on Daley Plaza at 50 W. Washington Street, Chicago, IL 60602
- Stammtisch is located in the heated Grand Timber Haus, which is the main wooden cabin-like structure on the North side of Daley Plaza
- You must check-in at the Christkindlmarket Information window in the Grand Timber Haus upon your arrival and present a valid ID or the order confirmation to receive your assigned table reservation. Physical proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test that was taken within 72 hours of your reservation may also be required as City of Chicago and State of Illinois mandates evolve
- A 30-minute no-show policy applies: If no one from your party arrives or checks in within 30 minutes of the start time of your reservation, the organizer reserves the right to cancel your reservation; payments are non-refundable
- Please call us at (312) 494-2175 to let us know if you are running late
- Your reservation starts at the confirmed time, not when you arrive, as the food will be served at the beginning of the reservation time
- Sampling selection of food is served family-style
- Guests will only be seated once the organizer/name on the reservation is present, if you would like your guests to be seated prior to your arrival please note their names in the reservation
Extra food, beverage, and souvenirs (while supplies last):
- No food or beverages from outside of the offerings at the Christkindlmarket Chicago are permitted
- Additional food orders will not be available or taken during the Stammtisch reservation. However, it is possible to order additional beverages and souvenirs during the time of the reservation
- Additional food and beverages purchased from Christkindlmarket Chicago vendors can be brought inside to the Grand Timber Haus by guests to the Stammtisch tables
Please be advised that cancellations must be made 24 hours (1 day) before the time of your reservation to receive a full refund. Any cancellations outside of the 24 hours (1 day) will not be refunded unless German American Events, LLC determines that special circumstances apply.
Your table(s) may have a reservation following yours and we kindly ask you to respect the timing of your reservation.
All guests must be 21 years or older and present a valid photo ID to drink alcohol. All alcoholic beverages will be served by the official Christkindlmarket licensed liquor vendor who will adhere to all regulations and laws of the State of Illinois.
Children are welcome at our family-friendly event but need to be supervised at all times by their parent(s) and/or guardian(s).
German American Events, LLC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. If you have lost something, please check with the information window for assistance. If you notice that you have lost an item after the event is over, contact the market’s information number at (312) 494-2175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
The health and safety of the Christkindlmarket visitors, staff, vendors, and contractors are of utmost importance to us. Please follow the below guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses. Failure to comply may result in you and/or your party to being asked to leave the Grand Timber Haus and the Christkindlmarket Chicago without a refund.
- If you or anyone in your party does not feel well, have tested positive for COVID-19 within fourteen (14) days of your reservation, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 within fourteen (14) days of your reservation, please stay home.
- It may be required by mandates set forth by the City of Chicago or the State of Illinois to provide valid photo identification along with physical proof of the COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of your arrival. If these mandates are set into effect, we require these documents for all Stammtisch guests. Failure to present these documents, if required by City of Chicago and/or State of Illinois mandates, will result in non-entry to the Grand Timber Haus with no refund for your reservation.
- Masks that cover the face and nose are required in the Grand Timber Haus. Masks may be removed only when seated at your party’s reserved table assigned by Christkindlmarket staff. Masks are recommended when interacting with service staff.
- Christkindlmarket staff may perform temperature checks on all guests prior to entry to the Grand Timber Haus. Anyone with a temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will not be admitted inside the Grand Timber Haus. If your temperature is greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit before coming to the market and your reservation, please refrain from attending.
- Please cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or tissue and throw the tissue away.
- Please wash your hands frequently and utilize the hand sanitizer provided throughout the Grand Timber Haus.